Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Waiting Patiently...

I had hoped to leave for my mini-trip, up to Manitowoc and Appleton, and maybe on to Madison, today or tomorrow, but that doesn't seem too likely... My bike shorts and gloves have not yet arrived, and I think my bike still needs minor adjustments as well. And I think I may have to suck it up and buy some expensive (cycling) rain gear... Today, I had a lovely bike ride along Lake Michigan on my way to visit my cousin, Jodi, and her two babes. It was a bit chilly and misty--in my opinion, perfect weather for a bike ride. However, on the way back, it was pouring, and I got soaked to the bone. And that was only for an hour's ride. Since I'd rather not let rain completely stop my progress, and I'd like to be comfortable while I ride... I think I need to be more prepared for rain, in general. My trailer leaks horribly, so all my gear got wet as well, since I was riding with it to get used to the weight. So I need to work on that as well. In a way, it's frustrating, and I just want to get on with it, but in a way, I suppose it's better that I work out the kinks now, rather than later.

Tomorrow, the weather is supposed to be better, so maybe I can just go for a nice long ride... without worrying about soaking and freezing and whatnot. We shall see. I've been sleeping outside in my tent. I think I'll be skipping that tonight.

No comments: