Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Pittsburgh, cont.

Alright, Bob, Shana... this one's for you. ;-)
Tuesday: woke up, Pittsburgh. rode: several miles around city.
Wednesday: woke up... unsure how many miles rode as of yet.
Okay, maybe that's not quite what you're looking for, but I'll see what I can do in the future. One of the reasons that I haven't been posting my milage is that I don't have a cycle-computer, which would easily tell me my milage. But according to my maps, I've been averaging maybe 55 miles a day.
Last night, I had dinner with Janet and Marty, friends of my friends, David and Terry, and two of Janet and Marty's friends, Wendy and Warrick. I then spent the night here, at J & M's, and am currently supposed to be checking out the weather forecast. What I can see from the window does not look promising, but it's not actually pouring yet. I will be checking the weather forecast soon.
Despite the heat, I've been having a great time in Pittsburgh. It's very hilly, but this makes for fantastic views of the valley, and a challenge to find less steep hills to bike (even going down them, in the city, is a pain in the ass, because it involves more hard braking than anything else). Not that I've been doing a ton of biking. Yesterday, I biked downtown, where I checked out the courthouse, because it had interesting plaques--including one of the ten commandments. I was very amused to see that the part about not coveting your neighbor's wife also included other things that you're not supposed to covet, like his ass. So I took a picture.
Yes, I did bring a digital camera, and yes, I am taking pictures, which I would love to share, but alas, I have no current way of posting anything. Forthcoming eventually, I promise.
I've been reading a lot (Misfortune, by Wesley Stace), which reminds me, I should update my goodreads.com, and hanging out with people from couchsurfing.
Today, I will either head out on the trail that connects Pittsburgh to D.C., or be postponed by thunderstorms. Until next time...

1 comment:

Zesty said...

Keep Spinnin' Zem....
We think about you everyday!
Mindy and Bruce