Saturday, June 16, 2007

Mercury in Retrograde

Last night when I told my friend Debbie Ann that I wasn't leaving as soon as I had hoped/planned, because I'm simply not ready yet, and I don't want to feel hurried and unprepared when I leave, she told me that it's probably a good thing, because Mercury is in retrograde.
Astrologically, it's just not a good time to leave.
Apparently, Mercury will be in retrograde for a couple of weeks yet. I feel like I'll definitely be ready by then, if not sooner. At any rate, I'll feel better leaving once I'm more prepared. Then Mercury won't be able to throw me off so easily.
Things are progressing with my readiness, albeit slowly. Thanks to Susan of Beans and Bagels, I hooked up with Will, Bike Whisperer of Chicago, who hooked me up with a straight (non-suspension) fork. I have a front rack now, which I just have to put together... And figure out exactly what I'm bringing and what I'm doing something else with. I have to say, part of the reason I'm taking so long is that I'm also simultaneously trying to move out. I've taken a few things to my parents' house, sold a few, given a bunch to the Brown Elephant... but there's still more to deal with, stuff-wise. And bike-preparedness-wise...
Anyhow, the point of this post is that I'm not leaving yet. Stay tuned...

1 comment:

rockandrollcannibal said...

aha! so perhaps my hope of seeing you again before you ride away into the... sunrise may not be in vain.